BENEFITS AND INDICATIONS OF MACA
Among the health benefits of the Andean maca are:
- Increase strength and libido, endurance, athletic performance and general sense of well-being. Maca is an adaptogen, helps our body adapt to stress situations, increases the body’s ability to defend against physical and mental weakening.
- It regulates and increases the function of the endocrine system, the glands that produce the hormones necessary for essential bodily and metabolic functions such as fertility, sexual function, digestion, the brain and physiology of the nervous system, and energy levels. Hormones regulate many things, including mood, growth, sexual development and tissue function. Hormones also play a role in many diseases, such as cancer and depression.
In order to achieve the best results it is advisable to consume between 1 and 3 tablespoons of maca powder per day. If you take it daily, it is best to free one day each week. You can consume it well alone with water or mixing it with vegetables, soups or broths.
- Support to the adrenal glands, maintaining the general health of the body in situations of stress.
- It has an analgesic effect thanks to the terpenoids and saponins that gives it the power to relieve pain and act as an expectorant and sedative.
- Women have found that it helps relieve the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause
- Men have used it to increase fertility and sexual function. For this reason he has earned the nickname “Viagra of nature.”
- Deeper dream
- Improves memory and brain function
- Delays the aging process
- Invert vaginal dryness
Peruvians have always eaten cooked maca, but they have prepared it in different ways. Also fermented as beer. It can also be roasted, boiled and mixed with milk as a cereal, or mashed and dried like flour.